Svelte Meetup Demo
I talked about Svelte and SvelteKit at our recent Port Townsend Web Developer's Meetup. In preparation, I created a github repository, ptwd-sveltedemo, which gave rough examples of how one might use Svelte in various ways.
As mentioned in the github readme, the "site" is a mishmash of various things, mainly intended to illustrate possibilities.
- It is certainly not an example of perfect design!
Ths site is also live on netlify. It features
- A reactive page, used for an interactive game.
- A storefront for rare books.
- A Markdown blog, which was the core of the actual presentation.
Reactions vere very favorable.
- The organizer works mainly with WordPress, but is interested in trying Svelte.
- A few of the audience were familiar with Angular and appreciated the differences
- One said "I didn't even know you could use + and [ in filenames"
- Some of the audience, more "hardware types", had just worked with simple static .html websites, and gained an appreciation of why a framework like Svelte might be useful.
- Unfortunately, our two React developers couldn't make it to compare the two frameworks. I will have a followup meeting with one of them.